[Board] Any OSGeo charter member with US non-profit experience?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Aug 9 10:07:31 PDT 2013

Do we have any OSGeo charter member with experience and interest in
dealing with the management of US non-profits?

One of the challenges that the OSGeo board will have in the coming year
is to finalize the non-profit setup of the organization in light of the
latest discussions that we had with the IRS a few weeks ago. There is
light at the end of the tunnel, but there is still some work to do and
I/we could use help from someone knowledgeable about US non-profits on
the board (being canadian doesn't help me in this case).

All this to say, if you feel like you could contribute on this aspect on
the OSGeo board, then please consider standing up for the board election
and let us know. I'd be happy to support the nomination of someone based
in US and knowledgeable about non-profits.

Of course the help doesn't have to come from someone on the board, but
having someone experienced with non-profits on the board would be a big
plus for OSGeo for the longer run as well.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/