[Board] OSGeo-Live as an official OSGeo project

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 00:36:14 PDT 2014

On 20/09/2014 3:52 pm, Jody Garnett wrote:
> That is tricky,
>
> I was going to quickly suggest checking all the source code would be
> hard .... but incubation would end up focusing on the scripts (are
> they open source?) and docs (is that creative commons?)
>
> I cannot imagine it would be too much trouble Cameron.

Yes, everyone who signs up for commit access for OSGeo Live needs to
agree to the following on our archived email list:

    /"Hi all, I'd like to contribute XXX to OSGeo-Live. Could I please
    get access to subversion. My osgeo-user id is: YYYY./

    /I confirm that my contributions to OSGeo-Live will be compatible
    with the OSGeo-Live license guidelines at the time of contribution."/

    The licenses used for the OSGeo-Live build scripts and documentation
    are:

      * /Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
        for Quickstarts/
      * /Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License for Project
        Overviews/
      * /LGPL version >=2.1 for the install scripts/
      * /One of the OSI approved Open Source licenses for installed
        applications/
      * /Public domain, CC-By-SA, and Open Data Commons Open Database
        License (ODbL) for data/