[Board] OSGeo TOSPrint Paris - Funding

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 14:04:42 PST 2016

Thank you Oliver:

It is great that Stephan has made funds from Vienna Sprint available.

OSGeo would still like to support the event, no need to reduce sponsorship
amount.

I was not asking Jean-Marie for more assistance, I was trying to offer to
help OSGeo FR if the event loses money.

On Tue, 19 Jan 2016 at 12:46 Oliver Courtin <olivier.courtin at oslandia.com>
wrote:

> Le 19 janv. 2016 à 18:16, Jody Garnett a écrit :
>
> Hi Jody,
>
> Thank you Oliver, the board has approved your funding request for 5000€.
> Can I ask that OSGeo be listed as a sponsor on the wiki page
> <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Paris_Code_Sprint_2016#Sponsors>.
>

> I am still concerned about meeting your budget for the event, can I ask if
> any funds from previous code sprints (Philadelphia, Vienna, Boston) would
> be available for you to work with?
>
> Based on your response I would like to talk with a representative from
> OSGeo FR to see if OSGeo can better share in the financial risk associated
> with this event.
>

> First of all, thanks you Jody, you and the board, for this quick and
> positive answer !
>

> As you could imagine, for now the sprint budget is still 'alive'.
> As devs are keep subscribing, and new sponsors are still coming/answering.
> Both are obviously good news...
>
> Stephan, who organized Vienna Sprint, also informed me, since my last
> email on this list,
> that funds from previous sprint editions where available if needed.
>

> So i propose, to keep you informed in about 2/3 weeks, to see if we could
> significantly reduce
> the OSGeo sponsorship amount asked, or even are able not to use it at all.
>
> Anyhow it's already really comfortable to know you could sponsor this
> event if needed, thanks again !
>

> And about OSGeo FR, they already provide very valuable help, throught
> Jean-Marie assistance
> so can't do more for this event, but what they provide is already a lot !
>

> Yours,
>
> O.

Jody Garnett