[Board] resuming discussion on vice-presidents and officers

Maria Antonia Brovelli maria.brovelli at polimi.it
Tue Nov 8 21:34:36 PST 2016

Dear Jody, dear Venka

sorry for my delay. I'm in Seoul committed with the UN Open GIS Meeting with few time and some jet lag effetcs.

Below my points.

As for the general question:

- we are going to discuss (we decided that)  about OSGeo bylaws. I suggest we postpone also this discussion (President/Vice Presidents as Members of the Board) during the revision of the bylaws.

As for now:

- As we have two Directors who were nominated, seconded and who accepted, I don't see the reason why we need to take members outside the Board. The Members of  the current Board were elected at the last elections. The votes they received were awarding their strong activity for and with the community. So, I really don't understand why we have to disregard the message derived from the vote. People don't vote randomly. Their message is clear: Angelos received many votes for all he have been doing. I'm not saying that other people are worse, but the message from the Community is: we trust Angelos more than other people. So, please let me know which is the reason why you want to do something different. I'm not against Dirk,  I like him but, despite the fact he was one of the two previous Vice President, he received less votes than Angelos.

This is the reason why I'm favour of Angelos and Helena as next Vice Presidents.

Regards,

Maria

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Vice Rector for Como Campus and GIS Professor
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/4"Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)"; OSGeo; ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET
Sol Katz Award 2015

Via Natta, 12/14 - 22100 COMO (ITALY)
Tel. +39-031-3327336 - Mob. +39-328-0023867 - fax. +39-031-3327321
e-mail1: <mailto:maria.brovelli at polimi.it> maria.brovelli at polimi.it
e-mail2: prorettrice at como.polimi.it