[Board] f2f meeting follow up

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 20:54:34 PDT 2017

It is tricky because although we host foss4g, attending our AGM is of
interest to a smaller portion of the attendees.

I don't have any good ideas:

- I seem to recall having the AGM in the evening, when people could go out
or attend a BOF sessions. Would that be an okay approach?
- Alternatively we could try and have it prior to the conference we would
need to be sure our officers could afford the extra nights accommodation.
- We could also consider doing it similar to f2f meeting after workshops.

I guess we could just outline we need an hour long meeting and see what
suggestions are proposed.

On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 8:41 PM Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at ncsu.edu> wrote:

> I looked at the RFP and I would like to suggest minor modification on p.
> 5-6 to explicitely request that OSGeo AGM is given 60-90 minute time slot
> in the program when no other sessions are planned.
> I would also reword
> “OSGeo Community events and activity"
> "OSGeo Community events and activity at FOSS4G”
> to make it clear to the bidders that these activities are part of the
> conference.
> Boston did a great job accomodating OSGeo events but it will be easier for
> future organizers
> to have clear idea about these as they prepare the program.
>
> The number of attendees on p. 4 should also be updated.
>
> I am not on conference committee so if there are no objections, Maria or
> Venka, can you please post this on conference list? As Jody has pointed
> out, the RFP for 2019 is supposed to go out next week.
>
> Thank you
>

> On Aug 20, 2017, at 8:20 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If anyone is in position to post meeting mins please do so, I think we are
> all in transit so this will be tricky :)
>
> We have a number of items to report back to the community in: osgeo-eu and
> analysis/feedback on foss4g affordability.
>
> In the AGM we had very firm instruction by the conference committee that
> any direction would be needed (by Monday?) to inform the proposal process
> in 2019.
> Jody Garnett

> Helena Mitasova
> Professor at the Department of Marine,
> Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
> and Center for Geospatial Analytics
> North Carolina State University
> Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
> hmitaso at ncsu.edu
> http://geospatial.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/publications.html
>
> "All electronic mail messages in connection with State business which are
> sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC Public Records
> Law and may be disclosed to third parties.”

Jody Garnett