[Bootcamp08] Registration for OSGeo BootCamp 08

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Apr 16 10:51:51 EDT 2008

How does the registration for OSGeo Boot Camp work? The website at
http://osbootcamp.org/osbootcamp6.html points us to this list to
"register and receive communications related to the event". I signed up
a few weeks ago but the list is still very quiet.

Does this mean that simply by being on this list we are registered? I
know the boot camp concept is kinda informal, but just counting the
number of addresses on a mailing list doesn't seem like a very optimal
way to plan the attendance of an event.

I'm planning to go with a few others from Mapgears, I also heard of a
few OSGeo fans from Quebec City who are interested in going. It would be
good to have an idea of who's going to be there... that could help some
people decide if it's worth for them to travel all the way to Ottawa or not.

I don't know if it would be appropriate to start a show of hands thread
to hear from those planning to go. Perhaps Andrew (as the lead
organizer) could start that thread if he feels it is appropriate for
this list?

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette