[California] Hacker Dojo and GIS Day

Landon Blake sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 12:51:22 PDT 2012

I wanted to let everyone know we got approved for our Hack-A-Thon at
the Hacker Dojo:
http://events.hackerdojo.com/event/1867001-2013-osgeo-california-chapter-hackathon

Thanks for helping with this Bill Rainey!

I hope to whip up a mobile friendly chapter web site soon. When this
is done I'll add the hack-a-thon details to the event page of the web
site.

GIS Day is on November 14th? Do we want to organize any chapter
activity for that? Some ideas might be:

- Open Street Map mapping party.
- Coordinated launch of open source GIS software tutorials/videos.
- Donating some volunteer time to assist with mapping related work at
a local non-profit.

We've only got about 2 weeks, but I can help organize something for
GIS Day if people are interested.

Landon