[California] OSGeo booth organization for FOSS4G

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Jul 24 22:43:41 PDT 2014

Greetings from the cheese to the bread (of the US west coast grilled
cheese OSGeo sandwich)!

Things are humming along in PDX for FOSS4G.  We're looking forward to
seeing our neighbors.

Many of us on the LOC here in PDX are very maxed out with FOSS4G
organizing.  We are hoping that our nearest neighbors can help on the
OSGeo booth and are thus now reaching out to CUGOS and the California
OSGeo Chapters.

We'd like volunteers to setup the booth, sign up to staff it for some
shifts, bring additional OSGeo popup banners, and take down the booth.
There is even an opportunity to take leadership of organizing the
booth and volunteer shifts.

We can easily provide our booth materials and a laptop running OSGeo
Live DVD.  We can also help arrange or acquire anything that makes
sense to get locally.

Who is willing to help the OSGeo booth by signing up for some of these tasks?
- bringing popup banners and other OSGeo promotional materials
- setting up the booth
- spend some time in the booth talking with people (this will be the
coolest place to be if you make it that way)
- taking down the booth
- other OSGeo booth organizing

You can contact me, or join our email list (http://eepurl.com/N5Q6X),
or phone into to an organizing meeting