[Conference-resources] Question about Conference system

Nobusuke Iwasaki wata909 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 03:17:13 PDT 2024

Dear OSGeo Conference Committee and Conference Resource member

We are currently preparing our bit paper and budget, and had a meeting with
a Professional Conference Organizer (PCO) for the management of FOSS4G and
budget estimation. In that meeting, they offered to use their conference
management system. However, we understand that Pretalx will allow us to
manage presentation titles and abstracts as comprehensively as we have done
at past FOSS4G conferences. Therefore, we are considering the use of
Pretalx and have the following questions:

- Are there any costs associated with using Pretalx?
- Is it possible to integrate Pretalx with a separate payment system we
prepare?
- Can we entrust the operation of Pretalx to our PCO?
- Regarding Venueless, are there any fees for its use?
- For our official conference website, should the server be prepared by the
LOC?

Thank you for your time and support.
Best regards,

Nobusuke