[Conference-resources] Question about Conference system

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 05:32:09 PDT 2024

Il gio 4 apr 2024, 12:17 Nobusuke Iwasaki via Conference-resources <
conference-resources at lists.osgeo.org> ha scritto:

> Dear OSGeo Conference Committee and Conference Resource member

Dear Nobusuke,

> We are currently preparing our bit paper and budget, and had a meeting
> with a Professional Conference Organizer (PCO) for the management of FOSS4G
> and budget estimation. In that meeting, they offered to use their
> conference management system. However, we understand that Pretalx will
> allow us to manage presentation titles and abstracts as comprehensively as
> we have done at past FOSS4G conferences. Therefore, we are considering the
> use of Pretalx and have the following questions:
>
> - Are there any costs associated with using Pretalx?

Using the instance provided by OSGeo no, there are no costs

- Is it possible to integrate Pretalx with a separate payment system we
> prepare?

I don't know, pretix is another software used for payment and connected to
pretalx and venueless

- Can we entrust the operation of Pretalx to our PCO?

I think yes, we just need to collect mail of people will join the
administration of your call

- Regarding Venueless, are there any fees for its use?

If you use the service provided by the venueless team yes, but you could
run it on your local server (this is not so simple so right know we always
used and paid the service by the venueless team

- For our official conference website, should the server be prepared by the
> LOC?

Yes, if you want you can reuse the structure of FOSS4G 2024 (international
and European), it is done using Hugo

> Thank you for your time and support.
> Best regards,
>
> Nobusuke