[Conference-resources] Question about Conference system

IWASAKI NOBUSUKE (岩崎亘典) niwasaki at tottori-u.ac.jp
Thu Apr 4 20:23:03 PDT 2024

Dear Luca,
Thank you for your quick reply.
Your answers have clarified many of my questions. If possible, could you
provide additional information on the following points?

>I don't know, pretix is another software used for payment and connected to
pretalx and venueless
I understand that OSGeo's Pretalx and Venueless have been utilizing Pretix
for payment processing. I will relay this information to the PCO.

>we always used and paid the service by the venueless team
How much is typically the cost associated with using the Venueless team's
Service?

Best,
Nobusuke

2024年4月4日(木) 21:32 Luca Delucchi via Conference-resources <
conference-resources at lists.osgeo.org>:

> Il gio 4 apr 2024, 12:17 Nobusuke Iwasaki via Conference-resources <
> conference-resources at lists.osgeo.org> ha scritto:
>
>> Dear OSGeo Conference Committee and Conference Resource member
>>

> Dear Nobusuke,
>

>> We are currently preparing our bit paper and budget, and had a meeting
>> with a Professional Conference Organizer (PCO) for the management of FOSS4G
>> and budget estimation. In that meeting, they offered to use their
>> conference management system. However, we understand that Pretalx will
>> allow us to manage presentation titles and abstracts as comprehensively as
>> we have done at past FOSS4G conferences. Therefore, we are considering the
>> use of Pretalx and have the following questions:
>>
>> - Are there any costs associated with using Pretalx?
>>

> Using the instance provided by OSGeo no, there are no costs
>
> - Is it possible to integrate Pretalx with a separate payment system we
>> prepare?
>>

> I don't know, pretix is another software used for payment and connected to
> pretalx and venueless
>
> - Can we entrust the operation of Pretalx to our PCO?
>>

> I think yes, we just need to collect mail of people will join the
> administration of your call
>
> - Regarding Venueless, are there any fees for its use?
>>

> If you use the service provided by the venueless team yes, but you could
> run it on your local server (this is not so simple so right know we always
> used and paid the service by the venueless team
>
> - For our official conference website, should the server be prepared by
>> the LOC?
>>

> Yes, if you want you can reuse the structure of FOSS4G 2024 (international
> and European), it is done using Hugo
>

>> Thank you for your time and support.
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Nobusuke
>>

> Beat
> Luca
>
>> --

Nobusuke Iwasaki
 Representative, OSGeo Japan
 Co-chair, FOSS4G 2025 Hiroshima LOC
 Professor, Faculty of Agriculture, Tottori University