[Workshops] Machine setup

Mark Leslie mark.leslie at lisasoft.com
Sun Sep 27 21:00:50 EDT 2009

Damnit, this one slipped past me last week.
All we've got going so far is
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Workshop_Computer_Setup, which
really isn't up to this task, and is already incomplete.  As a general
rule, I would prefer to have nothing installed as an automatic service.
  We can setup links to load applications/services as needed, but it
seems easiest to not have everything running by default.  That way port
conflicts shouldn't be a hugh issue (optimism?).
It will still cause collisions on install directories, in particular for
workshops that involve an installation step, and service names.

--
Mark