[Workshops] [Fwd: FOSS4G 2010 Call for Workshops and Tutorials is open]

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jan 25 02:17:55 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 3:01 PM, Óscar Fonts
<oscar.fonts.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Press releas was sent to osgeo-discuss, foss4g, conference-workshops and
> live-demo osgeo lists. I didn't want to flood all the project specific lists
> with the call, but I will in a few hours if it is worth sending. Sorry for
> this conservative press release.
>
> No, don't have good contact email list. If you are aware of other lists or
> contacts beyond OSGeo mailman ones please tell here and will send the press
> release as well.

Oscar,

Cameron had an extensive protocol for getting out
FOSS4G 2009 announcements.  It include
news_item at osgeo.org and a list of key community
members in the various projects who were asked to
forward the announcements to their project.

I would encourage you to forward the announcement
now to news_item at osgeo.org and I'll publish it on
the main osgeo announce channel.  Then review
Cameron's protocol - likely in the wiki.  If not, ask
him for details.

I personally wouldn't mind if we were slightly less
aggressive about getting all the announcements out
to all likely locations.  But there are a few key
announcements that do need to be widely  distributed.

Best regards,