[Workshops] Re: foss4g press release pipeline

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 14:58:38 EST 2010

Yes Oscar,
Our foss4g 2009 press release process is here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Press_Release_Process

I have shared our extensive foss4g 2009 contact list which includes
lists of translators and project owners which we used for forwarding on
major press releases.

I strongly suggest you make use of community leaders to forward on press
releases for you.

You can see from our foss4g metrics just how successful this tactic was:
53% heard about foss4g from a friend or colleague. 24% heard about it
from an email list.
Despite having many adds in targeted magazines, only 1% heard about the
conference from a magazine.

Have a look at "Cover Email" links at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Press_Releases for examples of
letters to community leaders.