[Workshops] FOSS4G11-WorkShop Documentation Layout

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Tue Jul 26 02:39:03 EDT 2011

Hi Anders,

For the first workshop some years ago I wrote the documentation with
OpenOffice, but I'm now using Sphinx/Rest like many other projects do for
documentation and tutorials. It works a lot better (at least for me).
With Sphinx you get documentation in HTML and can also build a PDF document.
And you can keep the source in SVN/Git for example, if you don't write it
all yourself. It takes some time to learn the language, but maybe you can
make use of it again.

Feel free to look at the pgRouting workshop of 2010, which you can find
here:

   - Source: https://github.com/pgRouting/workshop/tree/master/docs
   - HTML: http://workshop.pgrouting.org/
   - PDF:
   http://download.osgeo.org/pgrouting/foss4g2010/workshop/docs/pgRoutingWorkshop.pdf

Regards,
Daniel

2011/7/26 Anders Söderman <Anders.Soderman at gisassistans.se>

> Hello  - It would be nice to have one or two "good examples" of WorkShop
> Documentation where I could "copy" the layout.
> Is HTML or a worddocument the best solution?
>
> My "w16" workshop is about webcartography, which is quiet different from
> workshops describing new OS SW or new versions of OS SW.
> This could spare me some hours work before Aug. 15 when the documentation
> has to be uploaded.
>
> Regards Anders Söderman Stockholm, Sweden.

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de