[OSGeo-Conf] Followup from yesterday's committee meeting regarding 2008

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jul 26 11:10:05 EDT 2007

Yesterday's Meeting
===================

Thank you to everyone who attended, or submitted comments beforehand,
for the IRC meeting yesterday to discuss the 2008 hosting proposals.
Please see the meeting log[1] if you missed the meeting.

In the meeting we discussed each of the 10 evaluation criteria mentioned
in the 2008 RFP[2] as they apply to each of the proposals.  Please make
sure you review all of the submissions[3] in terms of those criteria
(page 5 of the RFP).

Ranking the Submissions
=======================

All OSGeo conference committee members (current members are listed on
the wiki[4]) must rank the proposals from best to worst (from 1 to 4,
where 1 is the best), and submit this ranking privately to myself[5]
before Monday, July 30, 2007 at 20:00:00 UTC [6].

This is an important decision so I would hope that all OSGeo conference
committee members take the time to review the proposals and submit their
rankings.

Aggregating the Rankings
========================

The committee members' individual rankings will be combined by using the
following scoring:

- 4 points for a 1st place vote, 3 points for a 2nd place vote, 2 points
for a 3rd place vote, 1 point for a 4th place vote
- the most points wins
- in case of a tie, the most 1st place votes wins

Announcing the Results
======================

All bidders will be informed of the winning bid by the end of Monday,
July 30, 2007.

---
[1] meeting log:
http://logs.qgis.org/foss4g2008/%23foss4g2008.2007-07-25.log