[OSGeo-Conf] Booth for local chapters at FOSS4G 2010

Venka venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 17:28:03 EST 2010

Hi Lorenzo,

On 2010/02/25 3:31, Lorenzo Becchi wrote:

> is this a japanese  or indian question?
> I cannot see question marks ;)

Sorry about missing the question marks.
This is a question related to Jaapanese
Chapter. Does it make a difference if
was an Indian Question?

> anyway, it's natural that local chapter is supported by local companies.
> So, if your poster has the logo of the companies it's a normal thing.
>
> But if you want to promote the companies sharing one booth you will be
> charged with company price, does it make sense?

There has been a lot of activity in the Japanese
Local Chapter since FOSS4G2009. Several FOSS4G
related projects are being carried out with
funding form MEXT (Japan Ministry of Education
and Training) and these projects are jointly
done with private companies in Japan. The
booth costs will be supported by mostly from
project funds and payment could be made by
the Japanese local chapter (with is non-profit and
not that rich)

We would consider two booths side-by-side if
it is priced as non-profit. We would like to
show local chapter activities (software demos,
documentation development, books, localization,
conference activities etc.) and also have poster,
brochures, souvenirs of companies and
universities that have been promoting the
Local Chapter activities over the years.
All the stuff that we will be promoting/displaying
will be FOSS4G based solutions.

On behalf of the Japan Local Chapter, I would like
to request for non-profit pricing in light of
the explanation above. I would also like to mention
that like most Local Chapters, the Japanese one is
also not flush with funds and with the economic
slowdown, it is not easy to get sponsorship from
private companies. So the chapter activities are
mainly supported by research project funds.

I understand that if the LoC kindly agrees for
non-profit pricing, the Japan local chapter will
be charged 2500Euros for two booth and this price
includes the VAT. In FOSS4G2009, LoC charged extra
for Internet and insurance. We would like to get
a final quote for non-profits, so that we could
discuss and finalize Japanese Local Chapter Booths
ASAP.

Best regards

Venka