[OSGeo-Conf] Conference for Central and Eastern Europe

Karel Charvat charvat at ccss.cz
Sun Sep 18 13:45:12 EDT 2011

Hi Paolo,
The initial idea was discussed among us, Romanian and Polish participate. We also discus it with our colleagues from Latvia, not directly participating in Denver. The reason was, that usually for many people from CEE countries is difficult to travel on FOSS4G around the World. If you will look on the list, you have chance to compare numbers. There is also fact, that in our countries are not so strong communities established, so idea was to promote OS in our countries.
In any case we don’t want to be closed for other countries and event will be in any case open. We only don’t have now any mandate to organise it or discuss about organisation in the name of all Europe.
Karel