[OSGeo-Conf] Fwd: FOSS4G North America 2013

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 13:35:28 PDT 2012

Daniel,
Any progress on YTD information?

David,
I'm +0 on OSGeo acting as a financial backstop to FOSS4GNA based upon
Daniel's comments so far. I'll change to +1 after a stronger statement
from Daniel re OSGeo's financial viability.

Re: "We would request that some percentage of any revenue turned over to
OSGeo will be ear marked for future FOSS4GNA events."
I think this is a valid request, but think that in order to avoid
disappointment over misinterpretation later, I suggest that there should
be a clearer statement about this request. By "certain percentage" are
you referring to 10% or 90% or "providing financial backstop" to future
events? Is this request extending to codesprints in NA or similar that
you would like to see OSGeo sponsor?

Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254

Think Globally, Fix Locally
http://www.lisasoft.com