[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G for Africa

Dr. Franz-Josef Behr franz-josef.behr at hft-stuttgart.de
Sun Jul 29 05:45:44 PDT 2012

Dear Karel,

I was alread in contact to JKUAT in Nairobi to organize such an event
(Dr. Moses Murimi Ngigi).  JKUAT has its own conference center.

I am also in contact with Evans Ikua. He is Liaison Person for East
Africa at Free & Open Source Software Foundation for Africa.

With AGSE 2012 / FOSS4G-SEA we did a similar approach as you suggested.
However we had two days decdicated to OS, filled with keynotes,
presentations, and a number of workshops finally with founding an OSGeo
Malaysian local chapter. IMHO a half day might be too short.

In any case I offer my contribution.

Franz-Josef

Applied Geoinformatics for Society and Environment 2012
http://www.applied-geoinformatics.org/
http://foss4g-sea.org/
http://geoweb.hft-stuttgart.de
http://gis-management.de