[OSGeo-Conf] amending the RFP process

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at osgis.nl
Mon Sep 30 17:20:16 PDT 2013

Hello Nottingham and Portland organisers (and even past organisers),

I've been following the traffic on this e-mail list for a while and a lot of suggestions have come up for amending the RFP process, such as that OSGeo expects to have a complimentary booth in the exhibition park (brought up by Nottingham IIRC) and that OSGeo expects the LOC to handle the banking part of the conference organising (e.g. through a professional conference organising company), this came up with Portland recently.

I think we should attempt to fix those things before the next RFP goes out. I am sure I have missed some of the suggestions though, so can people please edit this WIki page and add their ideas for amending the RFP process?

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Rfp

TIA.

Btw, if I have missed any existing effort in this regard feel free to point this out.

Best regards,
Bart

--
Bart van den Eijnden