[OSGeo-Discuss] GeoNetwork CDROM with OpenSDI software

Jeroen Ticheler JEROEN.TICHELER at fao.org
Thu May 18 03:39:20 PDT 2006

Thank Tyler,
I made an error by leaving out the link to the flyer. That flyer
explains better than what I can do in this email what GeoNetwork
opensource does/ is. The focus of the CD is to get people with the
tools in hand, this is slightly different from what Live CDs try to
do, but we hope very useful. Any feedback is very welcome!
Ciao,
Jeroen

On May 18, 2006, at 7:04 AM, Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> Looks and sounds very impressive Jeroen.  You know we'll need some
> help to get
> all OSGeo products wrapped up like that eventually :)
>
> Can you clarify for me what GeoNetwork is, aside from this CDROM?
> Is it not
> also portal software for finding geodata?  and geoRSS?

Yes, catalog software for spatial data that includes a map viewer and
a lot more.