Brazil OSGeo Chapter - first try

pmarc paulomarcondes at gmail.com
Wed May 31 12:27:06 PDT 2006

[crosspost to discuss and international-discuss]

Hi all.

After reading some discussion on discuss-, I created a wikipage [1] to
congregate brazilian users of geospatial software, and also a project
[2] on the OSGeo site.

The first idea is to build some momentum, and then proceed to the
creation of the entity following local regulation. As of yet, I have
no idea if it's possible (or feasible) to make the entity able to
receive foreign funds.
I am aware that OSGeo has (currently) no official policy regarding
local chapters, but I don't think that should be a problem, since what
I have in mind is to replicate OSGeo policies here and to keep the
organization updated on the local scenario and developments.

Gary Lang, please update the AutoDesk Brasil people on this.
If there's no oppsition, I'll be the contact person for a while.

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Brasil
[2] https://brasil.osgeo.org
--
Paulo Marcondes = PU1/PU2PIX