[OSGeo-Discuss] New Mexico local chapter?

Mark Lucas mlucas at radiantblue.com
Mon Feb 5 05:22:44 PST 2007

Zachary,

I think this is a good idea and i'd suggest you take a look at OSSIM
http://www.ossim.org which is more focused on photogrammetry and
remote sensing.  It already performs orthorectification, precision
terrain correction, map projection/datum shifts, and supports several
rigorous camera models.  OSSIM is an OSGeo project, but is not as
well known as some of the online mapping tools due to its more
scientific orientation and corresponding learning curve.  OSSIM would
certainly benefit from additional capabilities in some of these areas
and educational materials.

Contact me directly if you are interested in finding out more.

Mark Lucas

I think a chapter in New Mexico focused on the technologies that you
have defined would be an asset to the overall OSGeo effort.