[OSGeo-Discuss] FW: [OSM-talk] The State of the Map

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 12:23:52 PST 2007

Does someone want to talk about how Openstreetmap and OSGeo can work in
harmony with each other.

Chris Holmes wrote:
>  Is OpenStreetMap considering moving to using Geoserver, or supporting
>  the same WFS-T protocols as geoserver?
They basically won't talk until we have all the features they do.  Which
is somewhat reasonable, so we're working on that, but I'm not incredibly
optimistic that they'll just jump over - even if we match their existing
feature set and do more (diffs, rollbacks, commit comments are all
basically done in our postgis datastore).  If you want to read a thread
that is pretty typical (I think) of discussions on OSM about PostGIS and
WFS-T and the like, see:

http://www.nabble.com/Server-slowness-tf2928059.html
<http://www.nabble.com/Server-slowness-tf2928059.html> starting with
Kristian Thy's email.