[OSGeo-Discuss] projection projects

Mike Adair madair at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jan 18 06:40:55 PST 2008

I'd like to follow up on a conversation that took place at FOSS4G in
Victoria regarding a gathering of the open source projection clan under
the OSGeo umbrella.  Frank can probably expand on the idea more, but the
idea being that it would be an opportunity to build up a community
around the various coordinate system projects, each of which likely
wouldn't be able to sustain that on their own.

My immediate motivation for bringing this up now is that I need to set
up a project infrastructure for proj4js [1]  (svn, trac, email, PSC,
etc.).  This might be a good fit as an OSGeo 'Lab' project as discussed
a few months ago, either as a project on it's own or within a group of
projection projects.

Comments?

Mike Adair

[1] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAP/Proj4js