[OSGeo-Discuss] ESRI Spain conference incident

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 04:09:54 EDT 2008

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:
> The ESRI user conference is gratis, but you need to register yourself
> and receive confirmation of the organisation. Some of that people went
> to Madrid from Valencia, so they lost (or not, it depends how you see
> that) their work day and that's money of course.

I certainly would still have kicked up a stink to get back the cost of
travelling over 200 miles ;)
Heck - I think they should do that anyway?
The organisers had obviously decided beforehand to exclude these people so it
WOULD have been polite to save them cost of travelling BUT they obviously
decided simply to annoy? It certainly does not earn ESRI any 'brownie points'
being so arrogant, but then again their lawyers have probably sown up every
loose end in the small print so they will just have to put up with bad press :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL