[OSGeo-Discuss] Any interest in open source AutoLISP code for geospatial applications?

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Tue Aug 4 10:58:16 EDT 2009

I'm a regular CAD user at my day job. I've been working for the last few
weeks on cleaning and packaging some of my AutoLISP code, which can be
used to customize Autodesk's AutoCAD and IntelliCAD programs. I'm
getting ready to make my first release of the code.

My focus with the AutoLISP code is the creation of functionality that
makes it easier to work with land surveying and GIS data in AutoCAD.
Tools to import and export feature geometry in OGC WKT format is one
example of the type of functionality I am talking about.

I would like to know if there are other CAD users among the OSGeo that
would be interested in this code. If there is enough interest I would
like to release the code as part of an OSGeo Labs project. If there
isn't sufficient interest, then I will release my code under my
SourceForge project. I'm asking now, before I make the initial release,
because the copyright for all of the code I release as part of my
SourceForge project is transferred to the Software Freedom Conservancy.
If I'm going to work on the code with others as part of OSGeo Labs, then
I will want to transfer the copyright to OSGeo.

Let me know if you are interested. I don't have the code online just
yet, but I can send you a copy if you want to take a peek. I will warn
you know that the code is nothing spectacular, and at this point is just
a collection and reorganization of some scripts I have had laying
around.

Landon

Warning: