[OSGeo-Discuss] OWS Common Python Server. Guidance Required

Dominic Lowe dominic.lowe at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Aug 5 05:55:25 EDT 2009

Hi David,

We have done something along these lines with this:
http://proj.badc.rl.ac.uk/ndg/wiki/CowsFramework

I am hesitant to advertise it as an easy API approach to solving your problem
as it's not that refined (yet!) but it is an OGC services framework written
in python (based on the Pylons web framework) that you can write different
backends for and can add new services to. Currently it mostly supports our
own data model at the backend but it is in principle fairly generic and could
be extended.

I'm happy to talk more about it if you are interested.

btw,  I am interested in your OWSLib work on QGIS - is it the CSW support or
have you implemented any of the other clients? It would be good to publicise
this stuff on the Python GIS list too.

Cheers,

Dom