[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo friendly countries to live in

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Tue Aug 18 12:10:17 EDT 2009

> Cameron wrote:
>
> " Canada looks preferable to the US. I wonder how much the Canadian
> GeoConnections program is responsible for Canada's strong OSGeo
> industry."

The Canadian federal government is way ahead of most provinces on that
front.  One can see the commitments of organizations like the Centre for
Topographic Information - Sherbrooke (federal agency) where some folks
are actively collaborating on projects like OpenStreetMap as part of
their duties.

Open source in provinces is way behind, especially in my own province :
Québec :-(. I don't know what it will take for government organizations
to see the virtues of collaboration ...

Yves