[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGEO code

Jo doublebyte at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 02:29:56 PST 2009

Hi,
I apologise if this is out of topic, but I don't know where else to post
this question.
I'm implementing the OSGEO Tile Map Server

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Tile_Map_Service_Specification

<http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Tile_Map_Service_Specification>and I came across
a SRS named "OSGEO:41001";
since I don't know this authority and code, I was wondering if it is the
same as Google Mercator ("EPSG:900913").
This was also suggested to me from reading in other places:

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/SoCGDAL2Tiles#NewsuggestionsforTMSStandard

<http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/SoCGDAL2Tiles#NewsuggestionsforTMSStandard>If
it is the same, maybe it would be a good idea to change the code for EPSG
(update the spec), for a matter of inter operability and compatibility with
other services?
If it is not the same, I would really appreciate if you could point me to
other places where I can get more information about this SRS.
                                                            Thanks in
advance,

 best regards,

                      Jo
--
"#define QUESTION ((bb) || !(bb))"  (Shakespeare)