[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: Please translate the FOSS4G 2009 description

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 01:51:48 PST 2009

Hi Milo,
Sorry for the slow response.
Comments inline ...

Milo van der Linden wrote:
> Dutch translation; done.
Thankyou.

> A few remarks: The CCIP: the topic focuses on technique; shouldn't it
> be more written towards what climate change topics for example will be
> covered?
Our intent is to attract people deploying SDI's to the FOSS4G
conference. And so we are talking about the fact that we have a SDI
demonstration.
The climate change theme is not necessarily going to attract more delegates.

You may be right about us focusing on the technology a bit much.
Although I'm reluctant to make many changes now that the text has been
translated a number of times.

> Overall it seems targeted towards two groups; tech or new to open
> source. Are there any triggers available regarding strategy, future or
> success stories? Because those would trigger the general decision maker..
>
> I will see if some ideas on this particular topics come up and if they
> do, contact you.
Thanks for your feedback.