[OSGeo-Discuss] RE: FOSS4G Technology review presentations - Web clients

geotux_tuxman at linuxmail.org geotux_tuxman at linuxmail.org
Wed Apr 14 08:15:47 PDT 2010

(Sorry, I don't know how to follow the thread, I'm just registered)

Hi all, I'm Germán Carrillo and it's a pleasure to have been invited to this discussion, thanks Cameron!

As Cameron said, I've been mantaining a web map client comparison for the last year and a half. I've received support and suggestions for most of this projects, for some people from the OSGeo-es local chapter and from Paolo Cavallini (faunalia). The comparison is wide in terms of number of projects but it lacks a set of functionalities for each one.

In a few days I'll start to prepare the 4th version and I want to include some other projects there. I also was thinking that it could be possible (in a near future) to add a  decision tree to guide the selection process of a web map client.

So, as you expected, I'd like to join this effort and build a presentation for the FOSS4G 2010.

My first impression is that you would build the presentation for OSGeo projects, but, why not include other projects too? I think it's important to offer alternatives. Anyway, as Arnulf said, there are different kinds of web clients, so maybe we can think on a classification.

Regards,

Germán

 --
  |\__