[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: OSGeo Board Election 2010 Results

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 04:39:46 EDT 2010

On 08/27/2010 09:53 AM, Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) wrote:
> Paul,
> thanks again for organizing the board elections. It is great that we
> could get this done in time prior to FOSS4G so that the new board can
> meet there in real life. This promises to become a very productive meeting.
>
> Howard, Ari,
> thanks to both of you for serving on the board for two full years and we
> hope to continue to see you give advice to the OSGeo board in your
> specific domains. We will lack the European and education background of
> Ari and miss Howard's direct engagement from our systems committee.

Arnulf,

Thanks for the thanks. It has been an honor to serve. However, I still
plan to attend the board f2f in Barcelona and I will follow OSGeo
matters and, in case I see the need, present them to the board.

Now that you mention Europe, I do think we have a good community here,
although divided into many countries and by many languages.

Congratulations to the new Board with new and old members!

 From Como, Italy,

Ari