[OSGeo-Discuss] "Open Source Approaches in Spatial Data Handling" - Springer "Advances in GIS series"

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Aug 9 05:52:08 PDT 2010

G. Allegri wrote:
> Open Source Approaches in Spatial Data Handling - Springer Advances in
> GIS series
> http://www.springer.com/series/7712?cm_mmc=other-_-Enews-_-PSE12813_V1-_-77
> 12

Hi!

I have bought last year the (me thinks it is) 1st book of the series [1]. I
liked the book and I would recommend it. Yet, one thing I want to note: in my
humble opinion, it was/is very expensive [for my (still-)student pocket!]:
>100.-EU for <300 pages.

It seems (to me) the book is targeting (only) open source advocates, people
who don't have problem spending such amounts and/or libraries.

Regards, Nikos
---

[1] Hall, B and Leahy, MJ, Open Source Approaches in Spatial Data Handling
(Advances in Geographic Information Science), Springer, 2008.
[ISBN:978-3-540-74830-4]