[OSGeo-Discuss] sac services slow

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu May 27 03:26:20 PDT 2010

Jody Garnett wrote:
> I know this is an (apparently recurring theme) during the wake up period in europe the various services hosted by osgeo grind to a halt. Including svn.
> I have been asked, as an osgeo officer, to raise an issue - and cannot right now because the website is slow/down!
>
> Can we gather up a description or details about the problem on email.
>
> If this is an issue that is formally being worked on, or the subject of an existing ticket, can we get an email/status update to pass on to our respective development and user lists.
>
> Jody

These issues are reported and solutions are being worked on. Apparently
it's a bit of a ghost chase to figure out what's causing the slow down.
Efforts to migrate to new hardware has been accelerated and we hope to
have alleviated much of the issue sometime next week.

For future reference all such discussion happen on the System
Administrator Committee email list. To keep apprised of information
concerning such issues it is recommended you subscribe to that list.