[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: Support of 4D (time based) data sets

Timmie timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Tue Sep 7 07:00:54 EDT 2010

Hello Andrea,
thanks for answering.

> I think it doesn't if you have small local datasets, I have never been
> able to zoom in.
But at least it works...

> Sadly not yet. But there is more sadness to it. The code lives in
> JGrass and the current uDig version has a library mismatch that
> doesn't make the use of netcdf from JGrass possible. We are planning
> to solve this for the 1.2.1 release of uDig, but there is no strict
> timeline for that right now.
I understand.

> Anyways the netcdf part in JGrass is actively maintained and you can
> indeed browse the maps through time, as well as the non-map parts

(http://jgrasstechtips.blogspot.com/2010/01/netcdf-in-jgrass-non-spatial-part.html).
Does that mean that if I install the current version of JGrass I'd get the
functionality you implemented?

> I already had some requests in the uDig and JGrass lists to solve the
> problem, I will as soon as possible.
Great.

The target for the 4D GIS use is to visulaise modeling result in combination
with more feature data. The analysis and modelling is done with other tools
Note: I currently haven't settled on any system. I slightly favour the QGIS
system because of its possibility to code a plugin in python.

Anyway, thaks for your initiative and effort.

Regards,
Timmie