[OSGeo-Discuss] online open source polygon mapping, like OSM?

Nitin Gadia nittyjee at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 17:17:14 EDT 2011

awesome! thanks!

Are there any other projects that use polygons that you're aware of??

Is there any word about GeoMoose becoming an online open community like
openstreetmap or onegeology?

Looks like this is the project I need to join in development. I did a demo
of GeoMoose, it looks pretty good. It needs more functionality though. A
timeline would be nice. Also, something that would join boundaries of
polygons. Here, I'm envisioning that a user can draw a polygon and some
lines could automatically be drawn along a line, like a river or a
coastline, or another border. This would streamline drawing tremendously.

Someone also told me you can do polygons in openstreetmap (parking lots,
buildings, etc.). Does anyone know how to do this? I can't seem to be able
to figure it out...

Nitin