[OSGeo-Discuss] Charter nominees -- please speak up!

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 06:22:20 EST 2011

Hi all,

2011/11/21 Michael P. Gerlek <mpg at flaxen.com>:

my name is Martin Landa. I was introduced to the world of free
software at the university thanks to my supervisor Ales Cepek who also
came with a idea that I could contribute to the GRASS development.
After some GIS courses which I was following at the university I
started within my master thesis project to develop specialized GRASS
module for GNU Gama project. That were my beginnings in 2004. From
that time I am happily using Debian GNU/Linux as my favorite OS and I
feel like free software developer;-) Since 2005 I am mainly involved
in GRASS GIS [1] development, I am one of the core developers in this
period of GRASS evolution. I am also author of VFK driver for OGR
library. Since 2009 I am working as the assistant professor at the
Czech Technical University. I am using free software GIS applications
within several courses which I am teaching at the university, mainly
"Free Software GIS", "Introducing to geospatial data processing" and
"Remote sensing" course. The last six years I am also organizing
friend-based little conference in Prague focused on development/usage
of GFOSS [3].

That's me :-) Martin

[1] https://www.ohloh.net/accounts/martinl
[2] http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa