[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: FOSS4G South America

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Feb 13 11:34:54 PST 2012

Trying the whole set to PDF . . . . up to sheet 18 . . .

bobb

>>> George Silva <georger.silva at gmail.com> wrote:

Last year there was some buzz that the FOSS4G would be hosted here in
Brazil, but no one (or just a few people) wanted to help organizing the
event.

It would be great to have an event here in Latin America, but for what
I can see OSGeo in Brazil is mostly used as a "advertising" strategy
(for some, at least), so we have little traction.

Perhaps the folks that hosted other FOSS4G events could share a bit of
the experience that was. All of the work involved, the steps, etc. That
would help a lot of people and even make a few interested.

Hoping to see a latin america FOSS4G,

George