[OSGeo-Discuss] any ideas on how to Monitor and Review 'random' files?

Carsten Troelsgaard troelsgaard53c at live.dk
Sat Feb 18 01:28:08 PST 2012

Another solution could be better, but that's in a realm where I don't excel. The files themselves has and probably can be added attributes/metadata. The scoop of the problem then moves to what attributes to add, where and when. I'll assume that an application program can access a ftp storage (if that's the type of file share that's used) and do a read of the file-attributes .. again, I only tried to up/download via ftp, but it ought to be no swet to read from such a place.I have done reading of attributes programmatically, but the mess of the approach I chose is not recommendable, but that could be due to the complex format (tiff) and that my focus was elsewhere. I'm sure that others here has a proper bid on how to deal with attributes/metadata. .. it ought to be fairly 'easy'. Once you've got that information, sorting it should be no deal weather or not it's done in a web-script or an ordinary application program.
Carsten