[OSGeo-Discuss] Nomination for Paolo Corti

Margherita Di Leo dileomargherita at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 01:36:33 PDT 2013

Name: Paolo Corti aka capooti
Email: pcorti at gmail.com
Wiki: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Paolo_Corti

Dear All,

I would like to nominate Paolo Corti, from Italy, for charter membership.
Paolo is currently working as a geospatial developer at UN World Food
Programme [1] in Rome, in the context of the Emergency Preparedness and
Response Branch GIS Unit. He deals with GeoNode web platform development,
deployments an administration, and spatial and database design and
implementation.
Paolo is an active member of the OSGeo Italian local chapter, and I first
met him at one of the GFOSS day events organized by GFOSS.it. Successively,
I had the honor to become his colleague at the European Commission, JRC
[2], where he has developed open source tools and applications in the
context of the European Forest Data Centre [3] and the European Forest Fire
Information System [4].
Paolo has been working in the GIS industry since 1998. He is a master in
the use of geospatial software such as QGIS, PostGIS, MapServer,
GeoServer, GDAL
etc. and has always been a precious reference for colleagues and users in
troubles in the various mailing lists. Paolo's blog [5] is a source of
precious tips and tricks.
There would be much more to say about him, in summary I'll just mention
that he's a volcano of energy and a natural OSGeo advocate in every context.

best,
madi

[1] http://www.wfp.org/
[2] http://forest.jrc.ec.europa.eu/team/person/2/detail/
[3] http://forest.jrc.ec.europa.eu/efdac/
[4] http://forest.jrc.ec.europa.eu/effis/
[5] http://www.paolocorti.net/

--
Best regards,

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.