[OSGeo-Discuss] Ubuntu vs. Centos for GIS?

Brian H Wilson brian at wildsong.biz
Wed Apr 2 12:52:46 PDT 2014

> A lot of people like RH and CentOS because you can get paid support so
> I understand the need for support. It just seems to lag getting there
> by 6 month to a year in my experience.
>
> -Steve

I am switching my big noisy server from CentOS to Ubuntu Server even as
we speak.
The ONLY reason I chose CentOS initially was so that I could experiment
with ArcGIS Server.
Now that I no longer have access to an EDN license, I can't get it
switched over fast enough.

CentOS is fine if you don't use Ubuntu anywhere else, but it's easier to
have consistency between my desktops and servers.

Brian