[OSGeo-Discuss] NASA Project using QGIS to Address an Oceans Related Issue

Emma Strong eestrong118 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 18:19:00 PDT 2014

Hello,

I am a participant in the NASA DEVELOP National Program for college
students and recent graduates.  This term, my team's project focused on
using open source GIS (specifically QGIS) in order to create tools and
tutorials in an effort to aid beach managers in locating Sargassum (a type
of seaweed) using Landsat sensors and environmental monitoring indices so
that landfall predictions can be made.  Please watch our team's video (an
overview of our project) and "Like" it or leave us a comment or question.
 We were very pleased with the capabilities of the QGIS application, and I
look forward to using it more in the future.

http://www.earthzine.org/2014/03/30/i-seaweed-do-you-using-landsat-and-open-source-gis-to-locate-sargassum/

Thank you very much,
Emma Strong