[OSGeo-Discuss] Renaming FOSS4G

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Oct 7 07:54:10 PDT 2015

All,

Fun thread to follow.  throwing my thoughts out . . .

I think the bigger issue is the word “change” in the discussions.  It’s not about changing anything.  It’s about classifying items better than before.  Nothing is going away label-wise, or really being changed either.

For example, you can say we’re putting on a OSGeo conference, and you can say, that is a FOSS4G project.  I wouldn’t anticipate either of these labels going by the way side any time soon, but rather the desire being there for them to be used more specifically than they were before.

+1 to modify usage of terms.

bobb