[OSGeo-Discuss] Proposal for the listing of projects in our new web site

andrea antonello andrea.antonello at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 02:05:44 PDT 2017

As member of a mini-micro-company, I will also add my 2 cents.

[...]
> From the standpoint of an organization looking for a provider, size may also
> be important, a larger company
> typically has a better financial footing (mandatory in certain types of
> contracts), and possibly a more diversified experience
> among its ranks. Also, it might happen that the customer is looking for a
> certain experience with the provider
> (e.g, matching or getting closer to its own size, or looking for the more
> industrial vs the more "boutique"
> approach).
> So... what about reporting the size of the company among the other
> information, even if it is
> not the primary classifier? The size could be reported as classes to lessen
> the chore of maintaing such
> information (e.g, "1-5", "5-20", "20-50", "50+", just thinking out loud
> here)

I agree with Andrea. I do not feel alienated due to the size of my
company. In fact many times the size is a choice and it might even be
a positive factor for certain scenarios.

I like the classes approach proposed here.

Cheers,
Andrea