[OSGeo-Discuss] board members candidates manifestos please

Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Wed Oct 11 09:59:24 PDT 2017

Hi all,

As a charter member, one of my main duties is to vote for the new Board.

In order to achieve this responsible task in a proper way, I do need to know the candidates personally
But I DO need to know what they stand for, what their ideas are towards OSGeo in general, and their ideas about a role in the Board.

We're almost halfway the campaign week, and until now only 2 (Vicky and Maria) out of 9 candidates supplied me on [1] with some information.
That's far from enough to have a campaign, let alone to cast my vote.

So, I'd like to invite Astrid, Venka, Jody, Sanghee, Helena, Dirk and Jeff to write down their manifestos on [1].
Even if it's just copying and pasting from previous years, although I hardly can imagine that the development in the past 12 months (especially on the marketing aspect) isn't influencing your actual point of view on our organization.

Kind regards from a "willing-to-vote-member" in the Lowlands,

Gert-Jan

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2017_Candidate_Manifestos