[OSGeo-Discuss] Board nomination: Jeff McKenna

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Oct 13 09:21:45 PDT 2017

Hi Steven, I think it is not easy dedicating so much effort for OSGeo,
and at the same time trying to keep the lights on with a small business,
as you know very well.  I think recent changes by the current Board
handling the many tasks through 2 VPs and the president helps, really
helps, but I am sure we can do more.  I think Helena mentioned in her
vision leveraging funded roles for certain tasks, dedicating people to
those everyday Board tasks, and this is a great idea.  There are many tasks.

I guess I am growing too, with OSGeo, making mistakes, and generally
being a typical teenager (as OSGeo is in its teenage years).  I think
Venka mentioned this in a recent keynote, and it is very true.

-jeff