[OSGeo-Discuss] Board nomination: Jeff McKenna

Rob Emanuele rdemanuele at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 15:08:51 PDT 2017

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your comments here and elsewhere. I appreciate that you are
taking ownership of actions that have caused conflicts in the past. My one
follow up comment is that you should, in my opinion, be careful about
pointing to the excuse of passion in situations where your words or actions
negatively effect others and the community. While your passion may be a
significant reason for you to act certain ways, blaming negative behavior
solely on such a positive attribute can potentially dismiss the negativity
and the harm that the behavior can bring, and can allow for similar things
to play out in the future.

I respect your apologies here and elsewhere, and again appreciate you
responding to the concerns presented. If you are elected, I look forward to
you bringing your passion in a positive way to the board. If there comes a
time where the referenced concerns come up again in the future, I hope you
will not mind if I call it out, and point back to this time and these
discussions. I will do so as a friend, who is working with you to help make
our community even more awesome.

Best,
Rob