[OSGeo-Discuss] Looking for contributors

Pierre Abbat phma at bezitopo.org
Fri Jan 31 14:33:39 PST 2020

I'd like to find some people to contribute to Bezitopo or PerfectTIN. They are
in the initial stages of incubation. They're both on my GitHub site, https://
github.com/phma/. Bezitopo also has a website at http://
bezitopo.org.

For Bezitopo, I'd like to define an internal (and maybe an external)
representation of raw data files for both total stations and GPS systems. The
input for least-squares adjustment will be in this format; I'll use a survey
I've done as test data. Anyone interested in designing the data structure,
please join the Bezitopo mailing list.

If you can enter instances of projections (Lambert conformal conic and Gauss-
Krüger transverse Mercator), that would help the program be usable in more
locations. Also, if you know benchmarks in the Alaska panhandle or in
Switzerland, that would help me make sure that oblique Mercator is correct.
See testprojection() in bezitest.cpp for how I used Oakland and BV067202 as
test data for conformal conic and transverse Mercator, respectively.

Also, any ellipsoids that Bezitopo doesn't already have, to go with the
projections, would be a help.

Both programs need button icons drawn for the different feet. They have icons,
but they're all the same, so the only way to see which foot you've selected is
the tool tip.

Even if you just want to understand the code, to increase the bus number, I'd
appreciate that. Some of the methods have quite high McCabe numbers, and the
quarter function which I'm writing (I still have to make it lock the TIN) is
pretty complicated.

Pierre
--
li ze te'a ci vu'u ci bi'e te'a mu du